As part of our managed services we apply updates, upgrades, patches and maintenance to our clients devices on a specified date and time of the week. This is so we can keep to tight schedule on workloads and all devices are managed to the same level.
The task of updating a client’s device (computer, laptop, tablet or mobile) isn’t easy and we follow a strict timetable to make sure that nothing slips through the net, however we need our clients to adhere to the schedule for it to take place.
What Work Do We Carry Out?
Although the work can vary from client to client the majority have these mandatory processes implemented.
Software Patching & Updates
- Windows Updates (Critical & Important)
- Windows Service Packs (if applicable)
- Microsoft Office Service Packs (if applicable)
- Java Update
- Adobe Flash Update
- Adobe Acrobat Reader Update
- Adobe Shockwave Update
- Google Chrome
- Virus Scan & Removal
- System Clean Up
- Empty Bin & Temporary Files
When Do You Carry It Out?
We carry out the work overnight as to not disturb your working day, however sometimes Windows devices may need to reboot the next day.
What Do I Need To Do?
- Leave your computer, laptop, tablet or mobile switched on
- Make sure your device is connected to the internet either via WIFI or LAN connection
- If using a mobile device make sure it is plugged into the mains supply
- If connected to a corporate network or server there is NO need to be logged in.
If you work from home then these updates can be done there as long as you have a fast Internet connection, just follow the procedure above.
How Will I Know It’s Completed?
If you don’t hear from us assume everything is alright, however in some cases we might need to access your device to complete a task (i.e. installing drivers for printers, graphics cards, IOS updates, etc.). In these cases we will make a separate arrangement to complete the work.
What Happens If I Miss The Deadline?
If you forget to leave your device on, don’t worry it will get completed either the next day or the next weekly cycle depending on the urgency of the update, patch or upgrade. However, we have no control over the time and cannot guarantee it won’t disrupt your working day.